Friday, July 16, 2010

Orthodontic Consultation

On July 13 I had my orthodontic consultation for the Invisalign treatment. It began with a panographic x-ray of my mouth and jaw, followed by close up pictures of my face and teeth. The pictures and x-ray were uploaded into a computer and prepared for the orthodontist to review. I was told by the orthodontist my approximate treatment time is 16 months, at a cost of $5,995.00. This was actually less than I had anticipated, but still expensive for sure. (I hesitated to post the cost, however when I did my research, I always wanted to know roughly what to expect. Keep in mind everyone's case will be different. This is just to give a ball park idea. I want to be upfront and candid with this blog, so the cost is an important part to know).

The price includes all orthodontic treatment and appointments, refinement aligners should I need them and final retainers.

That was about it for the consultation. It took a little less than an hour. I asked several questions about the aligners and the overall treatment process, otherwise it would have been a little shorter.

If anyone has specific questions about the consultation procedure just ask. It was really straight forward, so I dont have too many details but will answer anything I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment