Friday, July 16, 2010

Invisalign Impressions

This morning I went to the orthodontist to have impressions made of my teeth and bite for the Invisalign trays. I had researched this part of the process before hand so I would know what to expect. I can honestly say it was not bad at all! Some of the posts I read by other people stated they had problems gagging while the procedure was being done. I didn't experience this. The putty was thick and did not run down my throat. There was one mold taken for both the upper and lower teeth (one at a time, not both together). The only part that felt odd about the impressions was then they were removed. There is some suction that you feel when the mold is first removed, but its not painful, just a little pressure. The time needed for each impression was two minutes. The third impression was a bite impression. This did not use a plate to hold the compound, rather it was squirted directly on my lower teeth, after which I had to bite down on my back teeth for 30 seconds. Again, when you try to open your mouth, there is some slight suction while the teeth come apart. The whole process took about 30 minutes. My suggestion to anyone apprehensive about this step would be to not get worked up about it. IT IS NOT BAD! Relax and breath through your nose. Again, if anyone has any specific questions about what happened during my procedure just ask!

My next post will not be until after I get the Invisalign trays from my orthodontist (currently set for August 26)!

No comments:

Post a Comment