Monday, August 2, 2010

Invisalign Seat Date Moved Up!

Today I got some exciting news! I looked at my cell phone after getting home from work this afternoon, and found I had a voice message from my orthodontist office. My invisalign trays have arrived ahead of schedule! Upon hearing the good news left by the treatment coordinator, I immediately called them back to find out what seat dates were available (hoping they would have something as early as this week). Turns out they had an opening for 12:00 tomorrow (8/3), needless to say I grabbed it!


I knew there would be a slight chance the aligners may come in early. However I didn't think it would be SO early! No complaints, just surprised! I am actually getting butterflies in my stomach now. I thought I'd have plenty of time to prepare myself over the next few weeks. Not to mention get a few supplies ordered over the internet such as disposable toothbrushes, aligner cleaner, etc. I am going to venture to a few of the drug stores to try and find disposable toothbrushes. I really don't want to drag my sonic toothbrush to work. I hope I can find something that will work until I can order some off the Dentakit website.


My first seat date was at 5:00 in the evening. I purposefully scheduled it late so I would have the evening after work to obsess with my mouth, get somewhat accustomed to the aligners, and figure out how I was going to speak with them in. Now, since my appointment is in the afternoon, I am trying to decide if I should return to work afterwards, or just take the rest of the day off. I am leaning toward just going back to work. At least I will have something to keep my mind off the new foreign objects in my mouth (or in theory keep my mind off of them).


I don't expect to get much sleep tonight. The excitement and anticipation is going to keep me awake, I just know it.


I will update this again after I have been fitted with the aligners. My mouth is on it's way to a better smile, sooner than expected! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment